We are hiring. Please see attached job description.
Basic Function: The health educator will provide health education to youth and parents living in Spartanburg. The health educator will promote healthy decisions regarding sexual health, improve communication with parents, and healthy partner relationships.
Nature and Scope: The health educator is an integral member of the overall BirthMatters staff. This position is currently a full time position. She/he provides culturally sensitive education and serves as a role model. This person will provide evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention programing in community-based and school-based settings. The health educator will link youth to health care services and help navigate to other needed community resources. This position will receive supervision from the Executive Director and Program Coordinator.
- Facilitate/co-facilitate sessions with youth.
- Work effectively within a variety of community-based and school-based settings to implement evidence-based programs and practices.
- Outreach: promote program services to larger community
- Work with the Tier 1B Project Director to ensure implementation, reporting, and monitoring of grant deliverables.
- When appropriate, provide information and education to other staff training related to teen pregnancy prevention services.
- Assist in data collection and reporting on a monthly and as requested basis.
- Ensure evidence-based program implementation fidelity through the use of observation checklists.
- Conduct surveys of youth receiving evidence-based programs.
- Refer teens, as appropriate, to other available evidence-based programs in community settings.
- When appropriate, refer program participants to healthcare or behavioral health care services.
- Participate in monthly implementation partner meetings.
- Participate in regular training to stay abreast of best practice strategies for working with youth and teen pregnancy prevention.
- Encourage parent involvement with youth served.
- Other related tasks as needed.
Qualifications: Must be self-motivated with good communication skills and the ability to work as a team member. Must be able to juggle many tasks and be organized. Flexibility of working on Saturday.
Experience working with youth is expected.
Experience working with diverse communities
Bi-lingual proficiency, preferred
Experience implementing evidence-based teen pregnancy programs, preferred.
Bachelors Degree in Health Education, preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- No felony convictions
- Ability to lift at least 15 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT
To Apply: Please submit resume and references by September 30 to Molly Chappell-McPhail by email email@example.com or mail to BirthMatters PO Box 5163, Spartanburg, SC 29304.